Welcome to Tradekona.com's Help & Support page
Here you can find answers to our most frequently asked questions and learn about Tradekona.com, how to use it,
how to stay safe and get in touch with us.
Posting an ad on Tradekona.com is quick and easy! Simply click the yellow Post Ad button and follow the instructions.
If you are not already logged in, you will need to log in as the first step of posting your ad.
Your ad will go live once it has been reviewed (this usually takes less than 1 hour during office hours).
Please note, all first time posters are verified before ads are approved.
To delete an ad, please go to your ad's page and click on the "Delete ad" option.
Tip: you can find your ad easily by logging in to your account and visiting your "My ads" page!
To edit an ad, please go to your ad's page and click on the "Edit ad" option.
Tip: you can find your ad easily by logging in to your account and visiting your "My ads" page!
To set a new tradekona.com password, please log in to your account, go to the "Settings" page and enter a new password.
If you have forgotten your tradekona.com password, you can:
- go to the log-in page and click on the "Forgot your password?" link
- go to one of your ads, click on "Edit ad" or "Delete ad", and click on the "Forgot your password?" link.
If you have created an account via Facebook, you will not have a tradekona.com password. You can log in to your account via Facebook without a password.
Ads appear for 60 days, unless you delete them earlier.
Tip: you can keep track of your ads easily by logging in to your account and visiting your "My ads" page!
Your ad may not be live due to one of the following reasons:
- It is still under review - this will show on your My Ads page, under “Ads under review”
- It may have it violated our posting rules - if your ad needs to be edited before it can be published, this will show on your My Ads page, under “Ads that need editing”
- You have used up your free ad allowance
If you have been waiting longer than 24 hours for a response from us, you may have given us the wrong contact details when you posted the ad. Try posting again or contact us.
All of the ads are manually reviewed - if your ad violates our posting rules it will be rejected. You can read what changes you have to make before the ad can be approved in the rejection email.
Of course. Please contact us and we will help you right away.
If you are not receiving responses to our ads, we recommend taking a look at our tips on how to sell fast.
tradekona.com offers paid features and services that help people promote their ads, facilitate the sales of advertised items, and give businesses a bigger online presence.
These currently include ad promotions, tradekona.com Membership and the Doorstep Delivery service.
Signing up for an account on tradekona.com is quick, easy and completely free! To sign up on tradekona.com, please go to the Sign up page and follow the instructions. You can sign up with an email address or through your Facebook account.
Once you have signed up, a link will be sent to your email with instructions on how to verify your email address.
To log in to your account, simply go to the Log in page and enter your email and tradekona.com password. If you have created an account via Facebook, click on "Continue with Facebook" and follow the instructions.
To log out of your account, simply click the "Log out" option.
To change the details on your account, log in to your account and go to your account's "Settings" page.
If you are having trouble logging in to your account, please check that you have:
- Signed up for an account.
- Entered the correct email address and password on the log in page.
If you are still having trouble accessing your account, please contact us.
tradekona.com is committed to creating a safe and trusted community of buyers and sellers. To deter fraudulent behaviour, we identify every seller who posts ads in our most popular categories, like cars, mobile phones and property. When you post an ad for the first time, we will contact you within 24 hours to verify your identity.
Every month, you can post up to a set number of items for free on tradekona. Once you have used up this free ad allowance for the month, you can either set up a Membership in order to post more ads, or wait until the first day of the next month when your free ad allowance gets reset.
Doorstep Delivery is the easiest and safest way to buy items on tradekona.
Simply look for an ad with the Doorstep Delivery option, click on “Order Online” and fill out the form. The seller will call you to confirm the order and arrange a delivery time.
To learn all about the benefits of Doorstep Delivery, please visit our Doorstep Delivery on tradekona.com page.
To start a chat, go to an ad and click the Chat option. This will open a private chat between you and the ad poster.
Paid products and services Q&A
To learn all about Top Ads, please visit our Promote your ad page. You can also click "Learn more" under the Top Ad option after you click the "Promote ad" option on your ad.
If you don't see your Top Ad right away, it means that there are more Top Ads available than there are number of Top Ad spots. In this case, each Top Ad is given an equal chance of being displayed.
To see your Top Ad in action, you can try the following:
- Go to the category and location that you posted the ad in and select any relevant filters.
- Click through to the next few pages, or refresh your page to browse different Top Ads.
To learn all about Daily Bump Up, please visit our Promote your ad page. You can also click "Learn more" under the Daily Bump Up option after you click the "Promote ad" option on your ad.
Shop pages are included in all of our Membership packages, so setting up a Membership automatically allows you to get your very own Shop page. Learn about Memberships
To learn all about Membership, please visit our Membership page
If you want to become a "Verified Seller" on tradekona, you need to be a member. You can reach out to our sales or customer support team(s) to verify your email, identification number, business name, business geo tagging location, and contact details.
If you want to become a "Verified Employer" on tradekona, you need to be a member. You can reach out to our sales or customer support team(s) to verify your email, identification number, business name, business geo tagging location, and contact details.
To purchase a voucher, please click the "Promote this ad" button on your ad and follow the instruction on "How to buy voucher".
Need more information on vouchers? Please contact us at email@example.com or 0302 746 911
Your voucher can be used to buy any Top Ad or Bump Up as long as the balance remaining covers the price of the promotion.
If your balance is too low to buy a Top Ad or Bump Up, please contact us to transfer the remaining balance and top it up, or use another voucher that has enough balance remaining.
Please note that vouchers are non-refundable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
What are the rules for posting on Tradekona.com?
We don't allow ads that contain:
- an item or service that is illegal in Ghana
- an item or service that is not located in Ghana
- an invalid phone number or email address
- an unrealistic offer
- offensive language
- offensive pictures
- text in the title or description that is not related to the advertised item or service
- pictures that do not match or clearly show the advertised item or service
- text in the first picture (except logos and product codes)
- a non-specific item or service, e.g. a description of a company in general terms
- a URL link that is not relevant to the advertised item or service
- offers and requests for items or services in the same ad
- exact same content as another ad, re-published within 7 days.
- multiple items in the same ad
- “work from home" jobs
- counterfeit goods, knockoffs or replica versions of another company’s product
- In addition, once the ad is posted, the product or service in the ad cannot be changed.
How to sell fast?
Pick the right price - everything sells if the price is right.
- Browse similar ads and pick a competitive price.
- Think about how much buyers are willing to pay. The lower the price, the higher the demand.
Use great photos
- Use actual photos - ads with photos of the real item get up to 10 times more views than ads with catalogue images.
- Take clear photos - use good lighting and different angles.
Provide clear details in your ad
- More details = more views!
- Include keywords and information that buyers will be interested in.
- Be honest in your description.
Promote your ad!
- Promoted ads get up to 10 times more views.
- More views = more interested buyers
- With lots of interested buyers, you have a better chance of selling fast for the price that you want
Stay safe on Tradekona.com
At Tradekona.com we are 100% committed to making sure that your experience on our site is as safe as possible
Here you can find advice on how to stay safe while trading on Tradekona.com.
General safety advice
- Keep things local. Meet the seller in person, check the item and make sure you are satisfied with it before you make a payment.> Where available, use Doorstep Delivery and have items delivered to you directly
- Exchange item and payment at the same time. Buyers – don't make any payments before receiving an item. Sellers – don't send an item before receiving payment.
- Use common sense. Avoid anything that appears too good to be true, such as unrealistically low prices and promises of quick money.
- Never give out financial information. This includes bank account details, eBay/PayPal info, and any other information that could be misused.
Scams and frauds to watch out for
- Fake payment services Tradekona.com does not offer any form of payment scheme or protection. Please report any emails claiming to offer such services. Avoid using online payment services or escrow sites unless you are 100% sure that they are genuine
- Fake information requests. Tradekona.com verifies first-time posters to improve security of the site. If you receive an email from us asking for any personal details, we recommend that you contact us directly via phone to communicate your details and avoid potential scams.
- Fake fee requests. Avoid anyone that ask for extra fees to buy or sell an item or service. Tradekona.com never requests payments for its basic services, and doesn't allow items that are not located in Ghana, so import and brokerage fees should never be required.
- Requests to use money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. These services are not meant for transactions between strangers and many scams are run through them. Avoid requests to use these services.
Tradekona.com's safety measures
We work continuously to ensure you have a safe, enjoyable experience on Tradekona.com
Our safety measures include:
- Hiding your email address on ads you post to protect you from spam.
- Giving you the option to hide your phone number on ads you post to protect you from spam
- Making constant improvements to our technology to detect and prevent suspicious or inappropriate activity behind the scenes.
- Tracking reports of suspicious or illegal activity to prevent offenders from using the site again.
Reporting a safety issue
If you feel that you have been the victim of a scam, please report your situation to us immediately. If you have been cheated, we also recommend that you contact your local police department.
Tradekona.com is committed to ensuring the privacy of its users and therefore does not share information about its users publicly. However, we are committed to the safety of our users and will cooperate with the police department should we receive any requests for information in connection with fraudulent or other criminal activity.
If you did not find the answer to your question or problem, please get in touch with us using the form below and we will respond to your message as soon as possible.
Our helpline is open on all days from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
What is Tradekona.com?
Tradekona.com is a website where you can buy and sell almost everything. The best deals are often done with people who live in your own city or on your own street, so on Tradekona.com it's easy to buy and sell locally. All you have to do is select your region.
It takes less than 2 minutes to post an ad on Tradekona.com. You can sign up for a free account and post ads easily every time.
Tradekona.com has the widest selection of popular second hand items all over Ghana, which makes it easy to find exactly what you are looking for. So if you're looking for a car, mobile phone, house, computer or maybe a pet, you will find the best deal on Tradekona.com.
Tradekona.com does not specialize in any specific category - here you can buy and sell items in more than 50 different categories. We also carefully review all ads that are being published, to make sure the quality is up to our standards.
If you'd like to get in touch with us, go to Contact us.